The #1 way to create a movement.
How to make publicity FUN!
How to stand out in an overcrowded media landscape.
Are you making these 3 mistakes that are blocking you from success?
P.S. There’s another awesome video coming your way in a few days. Stay tuned!
Miss Video 1? No problem! Watch it here.
It’s back! We’ve partenered with Gabby Bernstein + the Spirit Junkie Masterclass Digital.
The 3 most important steps to taking action on your dream
How to overcome doubt and uncertainty
The #1 way to feel connected to your purpose
New Age spirituality is everywhere now. Self-love is exploding and I guess you can say being soulful is certainly #trending. Psychic mediums no longer have little shops but have hit TV shows, there are certainly more life coaches than therapists and the New Age section in your local bookstore no longer collects dust. There’s an amazing open-ness to being connected to your soul and it seems like everyone is joining the party! If you’re part of this amazing movement there’s one very important thing to do — always remain YOU in the WOO-WOO.
The importance of remaining YOU in the WOO
Practice what you preach. Authenticity in spirituality is the MOST important thing to practice and to preach to others. Spirituality is the soul’s practice. It’s your identity and your unique fingerprint in this world. It should reflect only your purest self at all times.
Remaining YOU IN THE WOO isn’t easy; it takes a lot of hard work. The ego loves to hate on your happiness and insert fear into anything it can. So the question is, how do you stay on track with your authentic self? How do you not let your ego run the show when your main shtick as being someone spiritual is all about how bad the ego is?
How can the ego get you trippin’ in spirituality?
The ego loves to trip you up in spirituality. I can name countless times my ego had me trippin’ hard in my soulful practices. Here are a few ways to identify the ego at work:
- The ego will make you believe that spirituality is a competition. Have you ever been in a yoga class and all of a sudden you started mentally competing against the person next to you? You felt the need to push as hard as they were and you weren’t listening to what your body was actually telling you? Oh, how the ego loves a good yoga practice and making everything an unhealthy competition.
- Are you running a soul inspired business? Are you a life coach or blogger? Do you find yourself comparing yourself to others who are doing the same thing? The ego aims to put you up against others and inserts feelings of jealousy and fear.
- Are you new to spirituality? Are you just learning about intuition and manifestation and all of the good things that go along with it? Have you had thoughts of “why am I not getting this?” or “I must not have the intuitive gifts that others have” or “I feel so connected to this but I’m afraid I’ll be judged by my friends and family for believing in this”. The ego is afraid of change and never wants you to step out of what society thinks is “normal”.
Remember one thing and one thing only — the ego is NOT THE TRUTH. The ego is nothing but fear. Keeping it in check takes practice, but is guaranteed to keep you soulfully connected to yourself and to others.
How to keep your ego in check in spirituality:
- Marvelous Mantras – A mantra is a positive truthful word or sentence that you repeat on the regular. It’s believed that a mantra has psychological and spiritual powers to heal. Whenever you recognize your ego speaking, say your mantra.
- It’s not competition – It’s collaboration – It’s not you against the world when it comes to spirituality. It’s the COMPLETE opposite. Spirituality is all about collaboration and learning from each other. It’s creating new relationships with the like-hearted and making a difference as ONE and not as a solo act. Collaboration over ego, always.
- Magic mindset – Be OPEN to the world around you and never let the ego second guess a miracle in the making or one happening right before you. Miracles are real, the ego isn’t.
- Soulful Swag – Wearing something everyday as a reminder to remain centered and authentic. Whenever I put on my Tiny Devotions Mermaid Mala in the morning I can feel the positive energy cruising through my body. When I’m faced with anxiety or my ego starts talking serious smack I grab the stone, close my eyes and speak or think my mantra.
Everyone has a soul, and it’s time to rock it in the best way possible! Be authentic in everything you do, speak and believe in. It’s not competing its collaboration. It’s community and above all it’s love. It’s the root of you and everyone else. Remain YOU in the WOO-WOO of it all!
KELLY MISBIN BIO: Kelly Misbin is an internationally certified life coach, intuitive and medium from Brooklyn, NY. Kelly helps women who believe that they have something different and rare deep down inside of them. They’re ready to be navigated away from fear and are finally ready to come face to face with their most authentic selves. They’re ready to fix old wounds, accept the truth, discover magic and reach towards their goals or just reach towards being present in who they are and what they’re meant to do.
Positive duties. Observances. The 5 Niyamas are internal practices (read: Recommended activities) and habits for daily living, enlightenment and feeling zen
Here are the 5 Niyamas and how to apply them, beautiful:
1. Purity: This is all about living clean – whether its the food we eat, the thoughts we think, the people we surround ourself with, the music and media we consume and our environment. The belief here is that everything we surround ourself affects us. If we surround ourselves with beauty and goodness we will be lighter more gracious beings
2. Contentment (Santosha)
“It’s not having what you want, but loving what you got.” Sheryl Crow said it best! Contentment is all about living in gratitude – not focusing on possessions and the awareness that happiness through materialism is only temporary.
3. Tapas (persistent meditation, perseverance)
The niyama of tapas is all about self-discipline and will power! Doing something we don’t want to do but that we know will have a very positive effect on our life : going to the gym when we’re tired, making that healthy salad when its easier to just get takeout, saving the money instead of spending it on the new dress – you get the point. The tapas or fire energy that is built up during disciplined actions is strong spiritual energy that is believe to burn up karma and impurities.
4. Self reflection (self study)
You are a divine being. When you dive into getting to know yourself on a deep level you start to see your truth self revealed : light, love and deep with wisdom: spend time alone, journal, take a few minutes to look at yourself in the mirror and deep into your eyes. You are divine
5. Devotion (Contemplation/surrender)
The last niyama is all about surrender to the divine. A higher power – the universe – whatever you want to call it. This niyama is all about being selfless and devoted to something outside of yourself.
You can practice this niyama by: dedicating you yoga practice to someone else, letting go of a “desired result”, and letting situations unfold instead of forcing direction.
Namaste. You’ve heard it before. Maybe as a greeting when you enter a yoga class in Bali with hands at heart in prayer or at the end of the a yoga class in response to your teacher saying it to you…
So what’s it mean???!!!
Namaste. May the beauty, the gorgeousness, the light, the strength, the power, the source, the gratitude, the wisdom, the love in me acknowledge that in you.
It’s a greeting, its a farewell, it’s a way to enter, a way to close.
Namaste – we bow to you wink emoticon
Namaste from tinydevotions.com xx
Want bliss? Join MB and Jacki in Sayulita, Mexico October 10-17 for a transformational week in their favorite place on the planet. Amidst ocean breezes, expect life changing conversation, sweaty yoga sessions and blissed out evenings on the sand. @marybethlarue and @jackicarr designed a program that will uplift and inspire, and create big shifts in your daily life. At the same time, enjoy a vacay in a tropical paradise – surfing, snorkeling and sipping margaritas.Space is limited so snag your spot fast.