Inhale, exhale… Grab your mat, blankets, bolster and blocks. Find a comfortable seated position with a straight spine rooting yourself into the mat. Gently close your eyes or soften your gaze allowing yourself to dive inwards.
- Choose Your Mantra:
Take a moment to choose your mantra to guide you through your meditative practice. What brought you to your mat today? What intention did you set this morning when you awoke? What emotion does your mala evoke within you? Your intention is personal to you- it can be a thought, a word, a sentence or song. Once you have chosen your mantra chant it aloud or silently.
- Japa Meditation:
Hold your Mala Beads in your right hand allowing it to drape between the thumb and middle finger. Starting at the Guru Bead or the sacred stone- gently roll each bead while repeating your mantra. Repeat this 108 times, or until you are back at the sacred stone.
- Yoga Practice:
Place your Mala beads at the top of your yoga mat. Allow your mantra and intention to flow through you guiding you through your asanas. If you feel yourself getting lost in the physical practice, use the intention you set with your Mala Beads to bring yourself back to the present.
Finish your yoga practice on your mat with a juicy savasana. You may choose to end with another round of Japa Meditation bringing your practice full circle.
What each Sacred Identity type does at a Yoga Class
The Boho Child (ENFP): Becomes besties with everyone around them in 5 minutes or less.
The Shaman (INFP): Calmly lights sage sticks ? cleanses the space.
The Truth Seeker (ISTJ): Just here for the Savasana.
The Yogi (ESFP): In the corner concentrating on nailing that Handstand Scorpion.
The Guru (ENFJ): Making friends with first-timers and teaching them the moves before class even starts.
The Life Coach (INFJ): Hosts a counselling session in the bathroom.
The Goddess (ESFJ): Calmly people watches ? learns.
The Light Worker (ISFJ): Walks around helping classmates nail down their poses.
The Gypset (ISFP): Crushing on the hot dude beside her.
The Risk Taker (ESTP): One-Handed Tree-Posing.
The Student (ISTP): Takes the advanced class on their first go.
The Warrior (ESTJ): Makes slightly inappropriate jokes for anyone who will listen.
The Planner (ENTJ): Somehow networks the entire class and wakes up with ten job offers.
The Creator (ENTP): Secretly wishes she was teaching the class.
The Sage (INTP): Accidentally wandered out of class and ended up in another town.
The Manifester (INTJ): Takes scheduled hydration breaks and basks in their happy place.
What’s your Sacred Identity?
Take the quiz here to find out, and share your results below!
Mantra: I am a divine being full of light and love.
You are a goddess, a divine being full of light and love, and you deserve the best treatment in the world.
Self-love is a powerful tool that you should use every single day! By treating yourself with love and respect you set the trend for others to treat you with love and respect. Start giving yourself the tender love and care you deserve with these awesome tips…
1. Do what you LOVE. Make sure you make time every single day to do the things that you love. Create a ritual that makes you feel divine. Maybe it’s an evening bubble bath or a morning meditation, whatever helps you feel like the radiant, loving being you are – do that.
2. Dress like a goddess. Wear whatever makes you feel vibrant! Empowerment for you could be stilettos and red lips or yoga tights and cozy knit sweater. If it makes you feel amazing, wear it!
3. Spread the love. Empower and inspire others to fall truly, madly and deeply in love with themselves. By elevating others, you elevate yourself!
Mantra: I breathe in love. I release fear.
Fear sucks. It cripples, it crushes and it holds you back from being your true, sparkling self.
All negative emotions are rooted in fear. Anxiety, stress and depression all stem from choosing fear over love.
When you learn to live without fear, your life becomes limitless. By releasing fearful thoughts you empower your spirit and begin to shift into an “anything is possible” mentality. Start letting go of fear today with these tips…
1. Challenge yourself. Face your fears head on. Do something you’ve always been afraid to do. Try a challenging yoga pose (like a handstand in the video below!) or go out on a limb and ask for something you’ve been afraid to ask for. By conquering your fears you’ll soon see you had nothing to be afraid of in the first place. You’ll empower yourself. You’ll become unstoppable.
2. Use a mantra to release fear. When you sense fear and anxiety creeping into your mind, use the power of a mantra to let it go. The mantra above is from spirit junkie, Gabby Bernstein and is one of our all-time faves.
3. Make a gratitude list. Sometimes it’s easy to become overwhelmed when your mind starts to turn down a fearful road. One really effective tool to stop fear in its tracks is to shift your attitude to gratitude. By writing down and saying allowed everything you’re grateful for you’ll begin to transform from a fearful mindset to a loving mindset.
Chakra is a Sanskrit word that literally translates into “spinning wheel.” According to ancient yogic traditions, there are seven major chakras or energy centers in our body. Each of these chakras corresponds to a particular color-coded vibrational frequency in the universe that influences our physical, emotional and spiritual wellbeing.
When our chakras are perfectly aligned with the universal flow of energy, every aspect of our life becomes harmonious and joyful. We reclaim perfect health, and our love and passion for life becomes renewed. Tune in and open your chakras with these tips…
1. Participate in a cleanse. Whether it’s a one-day juice cleanse or a seven day detox, cleansing your physical body will help you clear out any physical blocks that exist in your chakra system helping you feel more vibrant.
2. Practice mindfulness. Start to pay really close attention to your thoughts and your feelings. Are you quick to anger? Suddenly shy? Nervous or anxious? These feelings are clues that can help you uncover blockages in your chakra system. Pay attention!
3. Yoga! Asanas like the Essence of Living ‘Back Care’ segment below can help you strengthen your physical body while also sharpening your mental and spiritual bodies. Once you’ve discovered what chakras you might need to open, do some research and you’ll discover a variety of yoga postures designed to help you release the blocks.
Mantra: I am thriving, prosperous and full of creative energy
Monday morning can be a grind. Whether you work in an office or from home, getting back into the flow and routine of your job can be a struggle.
Good news? It doesn’t have to be that way. By changing your attitude and spicing up your routine you can transform your work routine into a #soulFull, enjoyable experience! Here are a few tips to get you started…
1. Focus on what you love. Instead of complaining about all the tasks you hate, focus on what you love about your job! Ask yourself, what drew you to your career in the first place? What we think about, we amplify. If you focus on what you love, your whole day will become more enjoyable!
2. Build a community. Connect with colleagues. Go out for lunch together, create an office book club, or share personal stories about your friends and family. Working with friends can be so much fun! So, strengthen your workplace bonds and relationships.
3. Take breaks and time for yourself. Meditate during break or go for a walk around the block. Do things to make yourself feel good during your workday and you will see a spike in a productivity, focus and enjoyment.
Mantra: I am connected to my spirit and open to receiving guidance
Your intuition is your compass and guiding light in this world. When you are in tune with your intuition you are able to make clear decisions and feel confident about the path your on. Your intuition connects you to your truth and guides you towards your destiny! She always knows what’s best. Enhance your connection to your inner guru today with these tips…
1. Meditate before or after your yoga practice. You can sit in Easy Pose or lay down in Savasana, whatever is most comfortable for you. Breathe deeply. Close your eyes and focus on the spot between your brows. This is your Third Eye chakra and where your intuition’s voice is strongest. As you breath, repeat the mantra above silently or out loud to yourself.
3. Ask for guidance! If you’re looking for your inner guru to help you make a choice or to direct you, ask her for help. State your request out loud and then wait. Her answer could come in the form of a feeling, an idea or words. Pay attention!
It’s no secret that kindness feels really, really good. Hearing a genuine compliment, receiving a thoughtful gift or reading a kind letter, makes us feel loved, supported and awesome! That’s why Tiny Devotions and S’well are teaming up this weekend to bring you the #PayItForward social media challenge.
How does it work?
Step one: Be randomly kind! Treat someone in your life to a random act of kindness. We have a seriously inspiring list of creative ideas below to get you started.
Step three: Win! We’ll be choosing one lucky winner and gifting them an epic prize- pack that includes a Swell water bottle and a Tiny Devotions Manifest Collection bracelet!
10 Creative Ways to #PayItForward
1. Write an anonymous love letter, seal it with a kiss and send it or leave it strategically for someone to find. Get really detailed and specific with what you love about that person.
2. Buy a gift card at your fave coffee joint and give to the barista. Tell him to use it to buy drinks for the rest of line!
3. Think of your favourite inspiring quote or mantra. Write it down on a piece paper in big block letters and post it somewhere public. If the words you chose are powerful to you, chances are they’re exactly what someone else needs to hear.
4. Raid your wardrobe and donate last season’s clothes, or items you no longer wear to a local Goodwill or second hand store. Someone in need will definitely appreciate your killer sense of style.
5. Buy a bouquet of flowers and deliver them to someone you see every day, but often overlook. This could be the security guard at your office, your bus driver, the woman who does your dry cleaning…doesn’t matter! Flowers make anyone feel loved and special.
6. Make it your mission to genuinely compliment EVERYONE you speak with in a day. Get specific and get creative with your praise.
7. Treat a friend, co-worker, or family member to a delicious home-cooked meal, or bake something delicious and share it with members of your yoga studio after class. Nothing tastes sweeter than a meal made with love!
8. Write an epic and positive review online for a local business you visit regularly! They will be over-the-moon with appreciation.
9. What’s the last book you read that made an impact? Pass it off to a friend. Maybe it will be as meaningful to her as it was to you.
10. Make sure the subject of your random act of kindness pays it forward to! Keep the positivity flowing.