Inhale, exhale… Grab your mat, blankets, bolster and blocks. Find a comfortable seated position with a straight spine rooting yourself into the mat. Gently close your eyes or soften your gaze allowing yourself to dive inwards.
- Choose Your Mantra:
Take a moment to choose your mantra to guide you through your meditative practice. What brought you to your mat today? What intention did you set this morning when you awoke? What emotion does your mala evoke within you? Your intention is personal to you- it can be a thought, a word, a sentence or song. Once you have chosen your mantra chant it aloud or silently.
- Japa Meditation:
Hold your Mala Beads in your right hand allowing it to drape between the thumb and middle finger. Starting at the Guru Bead or the sacred stone- gently roll each bead while repeating your mantra. Repeat this 108 times, or until you are back at the sacred stone.
- Yoga Practice:
Place your Mala beads at the top of your yoga mat. Allow your mantra and intention to flow through you guiding you through your asanas. If you feel yourself getting lost in the physical practice, use the intention you set with your Mala Beads to bring yourself back to the present.
Finish your yoga practice on your mat with a juicy savasana. You may choose to end with another round of Japa Meditation bringing your practice full circle.
Belly breathing is easy to do and very relaxing. Try this basic exercise anytime you need to relax or relieve stress.
1. Sit or lie flat in a comfortable position.
2. Put one hand on your belly just below your ribs and the other hand on your chest.
3. Take a deep breath in through your nose, and let your belly push your hand out. Your chest should not move.
4. Breathe out through pursed lips as if you were whistling. Feel the hand on your belly go in, and use it to push all the air out.
5. Do this breathing 3 to 10 times. Take your time with each breath.
6. Notice how you feel at the end of the exercise.
‘When she finally learned how to let go of all the things that didn’t matter, she discovered all the things that really did. Just Breathe’
Namaste. You’ve heard it before. Maybe as a greeting when you enter a yoga class in Bali with hands at heart in prayer or at the end of the a yoga class in response to your teacher saying it to you…
So what’s it mean???!!!
Namaste. May the beauty, the gorgeousness, the light, the strength, the power, the source, the gratitude, the wisdom, the love in me acknowledge that in you.
It’s a greeting, its a farewell, it’s a way to enter, a way to close.
Namaste – we bow to you wink emoticon
Namaste from tinydevotions.com xx
1. RMS Beauty + Ilia lip gloss, Vapour Beauty Aura Multi-Use Blush. Gorgeous organic, cruelty-free make-up.
2. Peppermint + Lavender essential oils (I love Doterra). Great for a pick-me-up or calm-me-down.
3. Quay Sunglasses from Australia… they’re so chic even when I’m a sweaty mess.
4. Digest Gold digestive enzymes from Enzymedica. Especially helpful when I’m on the road.
5. Oblas inhaler. Helps my allergies and feels great.
6. See Concept reading glasses. Stylish and flexible.
7. My iPhone 6+. I’d be lost without it.
8. A book. Currently reading Misty Copeland’s memoir.
9. My Tiny Devotions Aim True Mala. A reminder to not only keep your aim true, but to stay true throughout it all.
xo – Kathryn
Want bliss? Join MB and Jacki in Sayulita, Mexico October 10-17 for a transformational week in their favorite place on the planet. Amidst ocean breezes, expect life changing conversation, sweaty yoga sessions and blissed out evenings on the sand. @marybethlarue and @jackicarr designed a program that will uplift and inspire, and create big shifts in your daily life. At the same time, enjoy a vacay in a tropical paradise – surfing, snorkeling and sipping margaritas.Space is limited so snag your spot fast.
Enrich your spiritual awareness and become a greater leader.
Join Gabrielle Bernstein for the Spirit Junkie Masterclass Digital, an 8-week online training course.
In honor of your commitment to the Spirit Junkie way, we’re offering the Spirit Junkie + Tiny Devotions Bundle (a $516.00 value) GIFTED with your purchase of the Spirit Junkie Masterclass.
The Walk With Intention Collection (4 Pairs of Socks)
Limited Edition Shine Your Light Mala
Shine Hand Chain
1 Hour Group Coaching Call
- Get step-by-step guidance on how to establish and grow your spiritual business, manifest media for your message and make money doing what you love.
- Learn how to turn your blog into a business, publish a life-changing book, lead a transformational talk and create digital courses so that you can create passive revenue for your great work.
- Become eligible to join Gabrielle’s elite, international referral network. When you receive your Level 1 certification you become eligible to attend the Level 2 course, where you can apply to become a Gabrielle Bernstein coach.
- Join 3 live Q&A calls with Gabby throughout the 8-week training.
- Have access to an always-fresh, forever relevant program that you can take at your own pace and revisit for a lifetime.
- Experience the energy and enthusiasm from the live training in the comfort of your own home. Have the option to learn via video, audio, or typed transcripts — whichever format fits your learning style best.
Ready to make miracles happen in your life, your business and the world? Become a Spirit Junkie Masterclass leader! Sign up today here.
Miss the Free training videos? Not to worry! Watch them here:
Here are 7 of my favorite heart openers. Warm up for 10 mins with sun salutations or a vinyasa flow and hold each pose for 5 breaths. Take at least a minute rest between each pose and repeat up to 3 times.
1. Upward-Facing Dog Pose aka Urdhva Mukha Svanasana
2. Bow Pose aka Dhanurasana
3. Camel Pose aka Ustrasana
4. Half Frog Pose aka Ardha Bhekasana
5. Fish Pose aka Matsyasana
6. Wild Thing aka Camatkarasana
7. Lord of Dance Pose aka Natarajasana
As you breathe through these poses, open your heart to new beginnings, the new year and new breakthroughs!
Health and Happiness,
Koya Webb is an internationally recognized holistic health and wellness coach, author, motivational speaker, and professional fitness model who is helping revolutionize raw/vegan cuisine, yoga and the holistic living landscape.
Facebook: Koya Webb
It’s easy to get caught up in the whirling world around us. With to do lists, job responsibilities, family responsibilities, life goals, daily goals, past fears, tramatic events and the list goes on.
What’s igging you? No mattar what it is, try applying these 5 lessons I’ve learned through the years that help me become present with the here and now and connected spiritually.
Just Be: I know this one doesn’t sound as easy as it is to say and type but it must happen for you to become present. Even if you have a strong yoga practice you can get caught up in the yoga, then class, then work, then kids, then boyfriend, then meeting…barely eating…opps I forgot to write that article…and return that email…and send that birthday gift…then I need to…you get the point. I’ve found myself in this situation many times and when I do I just STOP. No matter what I have lingering over my head I spend at least an hour a day doing absolutely nothing. This is not yoga and not even meditation in a structured place. Find somewhere in nature. It can be the beach, or a park or in your back yard. Just make sure whatever place you choose is quiet enough for you to lay on your back, look at the sky and listen to your breath. That’s all you have to do. Just listen to your breath for 60 minutes. Look at the sky, smell the air, feel the wind and just be. If a thought or situation comes up, feel it in the moment then let it float away in the wind. Get lost in your senses and completely out of your head.
Notice when you aren’t present: If you’re like me sometimes you can be totally oblivious to the fact that you aren’t being present. Things are happening SO fast, before you know it even a good cry is a release. Anytime you have a pretty epic emotional release it’s usually a sign you aren’t present and a cry from your soul to get in touch. The emotions could be fear, anger or guilt or even anxiousness, good stress, or overwhelm from new opportunities. It doesn’t really matter what the trigger is, just that you notice it as a sign to deepen your meditaton practice or time in nature.
Be like Water: This is seriously one of my favorite things to visualize when I want to get present and clear. Water flows and cleanses. Sometimes while in meditation or breathing in nature I visualize water flowing through my body and cleansing every cell. Sometimes I even jump in the shower, bath or ocean if possible and become one with this powerful source of inspiration. What element to do resonate with the most? Fire? Air? What ever you choose you want to be bring you to stillness and a less active mind. After I visualize the water flowing and cleansing me of all thoughts…my eager anticipation and my fears. I visualize still waters and the only thing flowing is my breath. All thoughts are gone. If something pops up I send a wave through my conscienousness to wash it away. It’s pretty awesome once you get used to it. Let’s stay you resonate more with air or wind. You would see the wind flowing through and cleansing your body then allow it to completly stop after it blows away all of your mind chatter. Enjoy this silliness.
Release Worry: Why do we worry? This is one emotion I feel like everyone (including myself) naturally has. No matter how many times we see or say “Don’t worry, be happy” something always comes up to keep the mind active and wondering about this and that…I’m not sure I can ever imagine if I’ll ever completely stop worrying but that’s why being present is a practice. The more you practice it the more present you are. It’s not about being perfect but finding peace of mind more time than not so you can truely enjoy every moment of your life as it is happening. Be here now.