Our Tiny Devotions ambassadors, Mary Beth LaRue and Jacki Carr of Rock Your Bliss (www.rockyourblissmovement.com) took on Squaw Valley, California this past weekend to present at Wanderlust Festival, to be students and to connect on and off the yoga mat.
They share why they Wanderlust and how to truly rock the bliss at Wanderlust Festival:
1) Disrupt the Status Quo and travel. We left our routines, our computers and our comfort zones at home. At Wanderlust Fest, you took the opportunities to chant, to cry, to trail run, to meditate and pause long enough to hear the birds.
2) Connect with Nature and live in a pop-out camper RV. We rocked airBnB and took the road, err room less traveled and opted for nature over hotel luxury. The screens were open, the air was mountain fresh and the sleep was divine.
3) Every Moment is an Opportunity to Practice. Where does your yoga live, breathe and thrive? On and beyond the mat, you experience connection, commitment and self-love.
4) DANCE more. Every night at Wanderlust and in the midst of a yoga practice, you can move your body, feel the music and dance. We shook our tail feathers to MC Yogi, Big Gigantic and with Shiva Rea! There is a beautiful awakening, a radical connection and your body will thank you when you can let go, shake and dance more.
5) Reconnecting and Vibrating with new friends from all over. The power in tribe, a hug from a new friend or a high five is so liberating. We are all in this together, so be in inquiry over judgment, make eye contact over avoidance and always connect.
6) Be a student again and again and again. Although we taught and presented at Wanderlust, it was magical to be inspired by the likes of Kerri Kelly, Shiva Rea, Eoin Finn, Sally Kimpton, Gurmukh, Seane Corn, Susanne Sterling and so many more. Take time to look up to those that have paved the way and never stop learning.
7) PLAY. Wanderlust is like a playground, summer camp and concert all in one. It’s full of color and life and adventure. You take time to play in your practice, play with your dance moves, and play with others in community.
Join Rock Your Bliss at one of their upcoming retreats or workshops around the world. Their unique combination of yoga + coaching brings action to intention. It’s how dreams become reality. They believe that sustainable, ohmygodilovemylife bliss is not a pipe dream, but one that can be created by anyone.
They want to get to know you and for you to know us: real, honest, nitty-gritty down to the good stuff.